Preparing for Your Float
It’s easy to REST, but we do make several recommendations to ensure your float is the best it can be, every time!
The Day of Your Float:
- New clients need to arrive 30 minutes before appointment time. (Those who arrive late will need to reschedule—this is to preserve the quietness and integrity of all our floats, which we start simultaneously.)
- Avoid shaving, tanning, waxing—or anything else that would increase the sensitivity of your skin.
- We provide Vaseline in each Pod Suite to protect any small cuts and grazes from stinging!
- Hair color needs to be “set” before coming in to float (your shower water is running completely clear). Please reschedule if it is not.
- We encourage clients to avoid caffeine for at least 4 hours before floating for the most relaxing experience.
- Females experiencing their menstrual cycle the day of their float MUST reschedule their appointments—thank you!
- Because floating is so relaxing, if you come on an empty stomach, you may be distracted by stomach grumbles.
- We recommend eating something small prior to your float, but allowing at least 30 minutes to digest before your appointment.
What to Bring:
- There’s a lot of salt in our float spas. Thus, it is best to avoid wearing your “best clothes”. We recommend comfortable garments that are easy to change in and out of.
- We provide spa sandals, towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a prep room with blow dryers, lotions, q-tips, etc.
- We encourage clients to float nude for the greatest experience—each room is private and features its own shower and changing area. Of course, feel free to bring a swimsuit if you prefer.
- Those under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to float.