Floating is one of the best and easiest ways to naturally heal your body. However, you should not shave, wax, or tan at all on the day of your float. The high salt content of the water can be irritating to freshly shaved, tanned or waxed skin.
- Please do not wear any hair or skin products prior to floating.
- Remove your contacts.
- Be sure to eat something light before you float. If you have hair coloring that has not set you cannot go in the Pod until the color is set and nothing washes out in the shower.
- You do not want to be hungry while Floating, so try to eat something light about 30 minutes before the Float.
- Avoid caffeine 4 hours prior to your Float.
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Each room contains earplugs. We recommend earplugs to avoid swimmers ear and salt in your ear canal. (Epsom salts can irritate freshly shaved skin and we do NOT recommend floating on the day of a shave, waxing, or tan.
Your First Float
- Your first Float will start out with a 5 minute orientation on floatation therapy and tour of the Float Spa.
- Bring your floatation questionnaire with you so we can better understand your needs and concerns about the float.
The Float Suite
- Upon entering the private room you will rinse off in a warm shower.
- Each room contains earplugs and Vaseline to cover up small cuts and grazes. We recommend earplugs to avoid swimmers ear and salt in your ear canal. (Epsom salts can irritate freshly shaved skin and we do NOT recommend floating on the day of a shave, waxing, or tan.)
*No freshly dyed hair; dyed hair must wash clean for two rinses before floating. Also, females on their menstrual cycle are NOT permitted in the Float Pod. As a consideration to other floaters, Please reschedule if you have already made an appointment.